[GOODIE] FadingTTListMorph

Tommy Thorn thorn at meko.dk
Fri Aug 23 14:55:17 UTC 2002

Jason Dufair wrote:

> Glad you dig it, Tommy.  I'm aware of the type ahead issue.  I
> probably need to figure out some priority for my "smooth scroll"
> process to run at so it doesn't drop some of the move events.

I looked at the code and was surprised that it is this complicated.  Can
it really ont be done simpler?  Also, I'm worrid about the explicit
delays in the code.  I though it would be enough to use the step method
to handle the passing of time.

> Also, can anyone suggest a way to move all of the submorphs without
> redrawing them?  In other words, turn off redraw, send #top: to each
> submorph, then turn on redraw.  I would think this might help
> performance somewhat.  Thanks!

I thought that was the effect by default; that moving submorphs just
updated the damage region and that the actual redrawing was done periodicly.

/Tommy