Use of Underscores

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Aug 23 19:54:51 UTC 2002

Hi

Colin Putney wrote:

> On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 02:52  AM, Chris Burkert wrote:
>
>> I use Bolot Kerimbaev's MySQL-Driver (Thanks very much). Unfortunatly I
>> have to use a Database with underscores in the names of the rows. It
>> ends in an Error because of the assignment operator. Is there a way
>> around ?
>
> Can you give more information? What sort of error did you encounter?
> What were you trying to do?

I only did a test if a connection in general is possible. It all ends in
a 'key not found' of a Dictionary that holds the Result of the Query.

ResultSet>>valueNamed: aName
	^self valueAt: (columnsByName at: aName)

aName has the value 'foo_bar'. So I think, the Query was successful, but
the creation of the Result-Dictionary with the correct name of the Row
'foo_bar' isn't possible. I don't want to change something of the
MySQL-Driver (I think we even had to change something in Dictionary) ...
perhaps there is a possibility to 'code' the underscore but I don't have
any idea.

In general, is it possible to use the underscore in names of keys of
Dictionarys ? I don't think so ... why ? Isn't there any way to 'escape'

Regards
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chbu at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de