[MinneStore] - On the road again

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Aug 23 23:16:24 UTC 2002

At 12:47 PM 8/14/02 -0300, Magistrello Alejandro (SFA) wrote:

>Since Magma came up it seems like MinneStore is not wanted anymore, probably
>because it wasn't running in the recents squeak versions.
>
>But, now you can download a version where almost everything is running
>(except the SMSBrowser) on a 3.2 from
>http://smalltalking.swiki.net/.uploads/MinneStore/SMS-3-2.zip
>
>best regards
>
>Alejandro Magistrello

Thanks.  One point that concerns me is schema evolution.  Does anyone know
how minnestore or magma cope with changes in class definitions?  My
recollection was that at least one of them said any change would render the
entire database unreadable.

My recollection may well be faulty, so nobody should panic based on
it.  Some authoritative clarification would be nice.