SqueakScript only needs a Dos window

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Mon Aug 26 04:11:34 UTC 2002

Yes, you read it right. SqueakScript doesn't need a Windows window.

So, I set 'savedWindowSize' in 'MySQS.image' to 0.

In the WindowPlugin, 'SetupWindow' and 'ioScreenSize' were thus changed:

void SetupWindows()
{ WNDCLASS wc;

  HINSTANCE   hInstance ;

//    NEW NEW NEW
 if(!savedWindowSize)
  return ;
}

/* returns the size of the Squeak window */
int ioScreenSize(void)
{
  static RECT r;

  if(!IsWindow(stWindow))
//    return savedWindowSize ;  //  To supress SetupWindow for headless
// NB NB NB
    return 0 ;
}

So far, these tweaks work OK for MobVM. What do you think ? Did I break
anything ?

Deeper cut would be needed to prevent 'WindowPlugin' from being loaded when
headless image like 'TestSQS.image' is run.

BTW, if you are listening, Andreas, how do I list loaded modules ?

Cheers,

PhiHo.