StrikeFont Editor?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Aug 26 04:55:45 UTC 2002

for a StrikeFont editor,
Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org> wrote:
	I don't know of one.  However... don't overlook the following
	methods already defined in StrikeFont:

	edit: character
		"Opens a BitEditor on the given character and, if you
		change the bits and accept, it will alter the bits of
		the font."

In Squeak 3.2, #4952, on a Mac G3 running MacOS 8.6, I tried

(StrikeFont familyName: #NewYork size: 15) edit: $_.

Resumlt:  MessuageNotUnderstood: pixelValueForDepth:

StrikeFont>>edit:
called
    BitEditor bitEditor: charForm at: .... scale: ... remoteView; nil
which called
    self new ... setColor: Color black
which called
    model pixelValueForDepth: aColor
which is most confusing, as the comment seems to think the parameter
is called aSymbol.  Here model is a Form(8x15x1)
and Form does not understand pixelValueForDepth:.

Here's setColor: in full.

    setColor: aColor
	"Set the color that the next edited dots of the model to be the
	 argument, aSymbol.  aSymbol can be any color changing message
	 understood by a Form, such as white or black."

	 color := model pixelValueForDepth: aColor.
	 squareForm fillColor: aColor.

Should this be

	color := aColor pixelValueForDepth: model depth.
	squareForm fillColor: aColor.

or what?