[Flow] Problem [was: Re: Flow 2 alpha 1 released]

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Tue Aug 27 13:16:17 UTC 2002

Ian,

Ian Piumarta wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
>

>>Note: Before I had to open my echo port (Debian Linux)

This was necessary!
BTW: after closing the port and leaving an Inspector onto the TCPSocket
(closed by the localhost) while leaving Squeak, there is a nice seg fault
during restarting the image... But this is an ST/Flow problem.

> and set it from
>>'nowait' to 'wait' to avoid immediately closing the port.
>

> You've a problem there, somewhere.  This should not be necessary.  The
> 'wait' flag controls whether inetd continues to make the service available
> (i.e., will accept() additional connections on the service's port) when a
> client is already connected (spawning multiple servers, as necessary).
> Changing the value from 'nowait' to 'wait' should not affect the behaviour
> of the service -- at least for the first client that connects to it.  (It
> just means that you can't have multiple servers [for a single, given
> service] running concurrently.  For 'echo' the flag should always be
> 'nowait'.)
>
> Ian

Thanks for the explanation. I've tried again with 'nowait' and it works now!
It is even possible to create multiple instances by
  TCPStream clientToPort: 7 atHostNamed: 'localhost'
.
Don't know the reason, possibly it was *only* restarting inetd and not
Squeak... (long time ago ;-) ).

Greetings,

Stephan

--