New MP3 License Terms Demand $0.75 Per Decoder

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Wed Aug 28 14:22:56 UTC 2002

So the question is - do we remove mp3 support from Squeak now or wait
for a letter from FhG/Thomson?  Both options really suck, I hate to say.
 Glad I'm only about 20 CDs into (the 4th round of) ripping and encoding
my entire 500+ CD collection.  I'll be switching to Ogg Vorbis at this
point (which also sounds slightly better to my ears for the same bitrate).

Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
"Our task must be to free ourselves...
by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures
and the whole of nature and its beauty."
-- Albert Einstein