Comanche on Windows 3.2.2 VM

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Thu Aug 29 14:18:59 UTC 2002

Hi Folks:

I'm still having some odd "broken sockets" running Comanche on the
Windows VM (on Win2K).

Basically, I've got a fairly recent VM (3.2.2, May 26 2002).  I recently
migrated my ComSwiki from an older Win2K machine to my brand-spanking new
machine...I just copied everything over directly.  But now, for some reason,
images are being randomly broken when you view a page (if you click reload,
you get different broken images every single time).

If I edit a page from a different host and click "save", I randomly get
an error dialog saying "document contains no data".  If I go back and
click "save" again, it will save properly though.

My Linux-based ComSwiki (based on the same "Harvest" setup scripts) has
no such difficulties...it only happens on Win2K.

When I originally set up this ComSwiki on my old Win2K box, I had the
same problem--but this was cured by a VM update.  This same update has
no effect on my current ComSwiki.

Any ideas?