Starting the clock...

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Fri Aug 30 04:03:37 UTC 2002

om

I think that all I need to do now to get morphic working in my AI window
  is to start the stepping clock... However the most obvious methods for
doing this are still in beta, as I discovered. =\

Here is my init method:

> initialize
> 	"Try to make an space.
> 	| ex
> 	ex _ 400 at 300
> 	super initialize.
> 	self image: (Form extent: ex depth: 8).
> 	super extent: image extent
> 	self isOpaque: true.
>
> 	"Try to set up morphic"
> 	AICanvas _ FormCanvas on: image.

I am fairly certain it works to this point because sending a message to
change the fill color to AICanvas changes the color of the rectangle on
the screen. -- AFTER I CLICK ON IT!!!

> 	AIWorldState _ WorldState new
> 		canvas: AICanvas
> 	MorphicWorld _ PasteUpMorph new
> 		initForProject: AIWorldState;
> 		extent: ex;
> 		color: color;
> 		startBackgroundProcess.

I don't know what to do after this step or even if I am emotely on the
right track at this juncture. I have been comparing the structure of the
mini-morphic I am trying to set up to the project structure and have
found that they are identical. =\

The only difference I have discovered is that the world morph of the
project is getting clock ticks from somewhere by some method while the
counters in the mini-morphic are stalled.

Again, this is in persuit of my goal of setting up a visable field for
the AI to play with.

BTW: I realized that my Squeak v3 sources is not the curren Squeak V3
sources... A more useful file-name would be appreciated. =\