[BUG?]Upgrading 3.2 to 3.3alpha

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sat Aug 31 12:01:08 UTC 2002

"Roger Vossler" <rvossler at qwest.net> asked...

>I thought that Squeak Central was in control of the update process. Who exactly is the maintainer
>of the 3.2 fork and why did this fork take place? Is Squeak Central now out of the loop?

Hi, Roger -

Sorry about the misleading use of words.  That maintainer was me.  I had originally worded my reply as though Andrew had been maintaining his own image, and it said something like "you chose NO".  Then I realized this is the case for any 3.2, so I changed it to this impersonal reference to the election of the fork to 3.2 in update 4653.

And to answer the bigger question, no, SQC is not out of the loop (as far as we know ;-).  On the contrary I expect various of us to be more active again as we get into the fall.  I'll try to write down my thoughts about some of the current activities and how they might play together in a coherent manner as we go forward.

	- Dan