[BUG][FIX] Can't compile interp.c on Acorn and MacOS 10.2

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Sat Aug 31 22:30:27 UTC 2002

As discussed earlier, interp.c as generated contains definitions of
variables named "bool," which are treated in some systems, such as
Acorn and MacOS 10.2, as a type or reserved word.  The attached
changeset replaces that code with defintiions of variables instead
named "aBool."

Before adding this to the release, will someone check to make sure that
the updated versions of these methods were created from the most
current?  I was using a fairly haggard and regularly munged image, so I
couldn't be sure.  Still, these look like the types of routines that
aren't changed too often, so it should be ok.

--------
'From Squeak3.3alpha of 12 January 2002 [latest update: #4934] on 31
August 2002 at 1:10:56 pm'!
"Change Set:		fixBoolDeclarations
Date:			31 August 2002
Author:			acg

Generated VM interp.c files contained definitions of the form 'int
bool;' in various portions of the interpreter.  Because some compilers
and standard libraries define 'bool' as a class, the generated code is
uncompilable without modification.  This changeset simply changes those
temporary variables named 'bool' to temporary variables named 'aBool,'
resulting in versions of interp.c that appear to work correctly for the
MacOS X and Acorn ports."!