About method comment evaluation

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Dec 1 10:29:31 UTC 2002

Hi

I would like to find the person who did the following:

you can select a comment and evaluate it. In VW and Squeak now you
can write "self ..." in the comment and in such a case it refers to the
***class***

I was so used to this browser trick that I never realized how it could
be dangerous for newbie.
Imagine self in comment and in the code represent different object:
instance and its class.
So I would like to know if we could change or introduce another browser
trick class
selfClass

this way we could have

	"selfClass new xxx"

and not

	"self new xxx"

Is the author of the previous trick around?
What the other are thinking about that?

Stef

Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/