TrueType based TextStyle

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Mon Dec 2 05:07:39 UTC 2002

  Andreas,

> The cached TTF rendering rocks!!! It is not only a zillion times faster
> but also fixes some weird problems with the raw bezier rendering (when I
> turned it on I sometimes got it overlayed with menus on top and at other
> times it looks like the AA "got lost" someplace). It's beautiful and
> fast - this is great!
>
> Thank you so much.

  Oh no, thank you, and I did this because I have practical needs for
it last week:-)

  I noticed the Z-order problem you mentioned, which I even haven't
tried to solve.  The lost AA problem is what I only saw when I rotated
the text, but it is not a surprize there is.

  It would be better if it retains AA even if it is rotated.  WarpBlt
doesn't do the perfect job for the fringe.  But if I selected the
rotated text, the text looks ok because the bitmap is rotated after
the text is rendered on the green background, if I understand
correctly.  If there is a WarpBlt trick that retains the alpha value
in some way, that would be helpful.

-- Yoshiki