[ANN] SARBuilder v5 registered on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Dec 5 16:03:29 UTC 2002

On Thursday 05 December 2002 01:21 am, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
wrote:

> > And the additional packages can have prerequisites, so that their
>
> Does this mean we are building duplicate mechanisms for
> dependencies? Or is this mechanism only intended to be used
> "within" a SqueakMap package?

I came up with this because I have a couple of small groups of class
extensions in StarBrowser: one to deal with XML files (which won't
load right without YAXO being installed), one to deal with DVS, and
one to deal with SqueakMap.

Perhaps these would best be separate packages by themselves. However,
they're quite small and there's currently no dependency management in
SqueakMap. To avoid problems, I just packaged them all together with
conditional loading.

> To me this sounds like a "load script". Does it mean that I can not
> "avoid" these to be run if I install a SAR containing them? That
> would mean it "trips up" any other scheme for managing dependencies
> (like the one I am planning).

As soon as SqueakMap develops dependency management, I'll use it. This
is an interim solution that lets me get the package out the door
easily.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com