Another SAR/DVS feature request

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Thu Dec 5 18:37:15 UTC 2002

Ideally, it would just be:

file:///some/path/to/some.zip/membername

But then you'd need to think about much more extensive reworking of how
Squeak handles directories and files.  In the above, you'd need the URI
object to access the objects in the path sequentially.  For example, it
first asks "some" to get member "path"; then it asks "path" to get
member "to"; then it asks "to" to get member "some.zip"; then it asks
"some.zip" to get member "membername".  Actually, you'd probably want to
pass the entire remaining portion of the path at each step...details.

It would certainly be nice...

- Stephen