"pre-alpha" (was "Croquet alpha release(s?)")

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Thu Dec 5 19:54:51 UTC 2002

Hi--

	This is rather silly. :)  The "alpha" tag means "there are features
missing". A zero-length sequence of bits is a perfectly acceptable alpha
release for any functionality whatsoever (it'd just happen to be that
*all* features are missing :). "Pre-alpha" is still alpha.

	I think people should learn to set their expectations appropriately for
every release stage, but particularly for alpha. I notice people tend to
expect far too much from alpha releases, and not nearly enough from
beta, gamma, and final ones.

-C

--
Craig Latta