Metaclassing

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Fri Dec 6 01:28:44 UTC 2002

Hi Andreas--

> ...it drives me nuts just thinking about the fact that a subclass of
> Metaclass would also be an instance of Metaclass...

	No, a subclass of Metaclass would be *the instance of an instance* of
Metaclass. A subclass of *Class* is also an instance of Metaclass. :)

	I've done some related work (lightweight classes, prototypes, and
such), but I don't recall ever killing the system (I was probably just
lucky :). I'd be happy to help (e.g., do you have any more specific
questions?).

-C

--
Craig Latta