[BUG] FileList

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Dec 6 18:56:03 UTC 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 01:23 am, jean-marie.zajac wrote:
> A bug which turns into my image for a long time; open in FileList a
> ftp server and try to use 'open' whatever it was .gif, text, .cs,
> always the answer is that 'the file name is incorrect' and Squeak
> propose to change the filename which is a mixture of local name +
> name of ftp file. I  believe that the creator should debug that
> which a higher efficiency that me.

This is an oversight in the design of the registering file list. The
registrants should be passed the directory as well both for queries
about available services (there may be services that aren't
appropriate for a file on an FTP server) and to run the services
themselves.

But instead just the file name is being passed around. Which only
works on a local file system.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com