[ANN] IvapParser (on SqueakMap)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Dec 6 19:41:41 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Stephen Pair wrote:

> I've seen this functionality needed in several applications including
> Kats and Seaside.  I originally wrote this for Kats, but thought it was
> useful enough to stand on its own.  I'm hoping that Avi might consider
> adopting this in Seaside so that we can move forward with a common
> implementation of this functionality.

Stephen,

A couple of things:

 - IVAP has the ability to disable trapping on certain methods; I also
need the ability to disable it for certain inst vars
 - IVAP modifies Parser and Compiler; to mirror Daniel and Andreas'
argument, why not use #compilerClass and a subclass?

Also, have you solved using, eg, the inspector or the debugger with an
IVAP'd instance?