[ANN] IvapParser (on SqueakMap)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Dec 7 01:48:13 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Stephen Pair wrote:

> Well, yes and no...if you override certain key methods (like instVarAt:
> and instVarAt:put:) you can easily handle the inspector and
> debugger...

After trashing a few images, I remember now why I didn't do that.
ClassBuilder uses instVarAt:put: to reshape instances when you add
instance variables; having that method overridden forces you to be
extremely careful when making such modifications.

Perhaps we should introduce a basicInstVarAt:[put:] that *really* low
level tools can use, so the normal instVarAt can be overridden?