[ANN] NetModel 0.004 on SM

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 16:21:17 UTC 2002

I tried your tips and attached a screen shot of what I ended up with.
I can see where this could have a better visual presentation, but I'm
not sure at this point that this is where I'm headed.

I actually thought a lot about labeling and haven't come up with an
optimum approach yet.  There is are several types of information that I
might want to see in the labels, but I can't display it all at once.
I'm kind of thinking of a global option that would change all the
labels to this or that kind of information.

The next big step for the NetModel tool will be to add the idea of
workloads so that several concurrent things can be happening and
response times and utilizations can be calculated using closed queueing
calculations.  I'm still thinking about how to graphically represent
workloads, as this is still an analytical model, not a simulation.