[WinCE] Release candidate VM for PocketPC (iPAQ)

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Sun Dec 8 02:01:18 UTC 2002

Hi Yoshiki,

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:
>   You mean that you can go to full screen when you set the internal
> memory size lower, or somehow the VM now runs on 3850 with 12MB heap
> size?

I can run my 10M faure image with 12M heap and 60M external memory full
screen, which I couldn't before.  Was this an unexpected benefit of the
new VM? :)

> > Is it possible to specify the memory settings somewhere so that I don't
> > have to reset them each time I run the VM?
>
>   This is about the internal memory size to workaround the Game API
> bug?  If so, maybe the nicer behavior would be to check the underlying
> iPAQ version and set the internal memory size lower if it is 38xx.

When I run the new VM, I get a dialog which I use to set Main Memory
Size (0 to 12 M) and External Backing Store Size (0 to 60M).  I was
wondering if these values could be set somewhere (like a .ini file), saving me the bother
of setting them each time I run the VM.  This is just a convenience
feature, and not at all important.

Cheers,

Russell