[WinCE] Release candidate VM for PocketPC (iPAQ)

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sun Dec 8 02:05:32 UTC 2002

  Russell,

> I can run my 10M faure image with 12M heap and 60M external memory full
> screen, which I couldn't before.  Was this an unexpected benefit of the
> new VM? :)

  Yes, it is!  Few months ago, I finally got an XP laptop and was able
to install the PocketPC2002 package for the eMbedded Visual C.  The
new thing must have come with the workaround for the GAPI bug.

> >   This is about the internal memory size to workaround the Game API
> > bug?  If so, maybe the nicer behavior would be to check the underlying
> > iPAQ version and set the internal memory size lower if it is 38xx.
>
> When I run the new VM, I get a dialog which I use to set Main Memory
> Size (0 to 12 M) and External Backing Store Size (0 to 60M).  I was
> wondering if these values could be set somewhere (like a .ini file), saving me the bother
> of setting them each time I run the VM.  This is just a convenience
> feature, and not at all important.

  It does make sense to use the last setting as default if this
invocation is for the "same" image.  The "sameness" can be the image
name and its size on the disk?  Or always show the last setting as
default no matter what image is selected?

-- Yoshiki