[ANN] StarBrowser v4 on SqueakMap

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com
Sun Dec 8 11:57:44 UTC 2002

Andreas,

> David and I were pondering the idea of a space where you can watch the
> system running. Something like a 3D visualization of the message tally,
> with objects as nodes and messages as links. As messages get sent the
> links get hotter and hotter, and they cool off after a while. So that
> the "hot glowing spots" are those that you need to look at. This would
> be one incredible profiling tool.

Some years ago I saw a similar work to visualize Self modesl. IIRC the
simulation use some "newton laws" to show the model interaccion (example:
The size of the object is based on the count of references to it.)  After a
while, you get a stable gravity model of your objects with the most
important object in the center.

It was called "Nick Drew's 3D Object Browser" but I can't find any
information on the net :-(.  Anybody remember it?

I found this paper http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/hendley95narcissus.html
written by Nick Drew with some nice screenshots.

> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Cheers,

Diego Gomez Deck