[WinCE] VM for Handheld PC 2000?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sun Dec 8 23:14:43 UTC 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:

>   It is absolutely no warranty and you have now the burden to report
> how it works.

Yoshiki, you rule! I think I've done my fair share of feedback and error
reporting- and I will continue to do so with this VM. :)

Can the Squeak for WinCE VMs take command line arguments? On PocketPC
devices, one can get to a run box usign a little trick [1] and on the
Handheld PC OS, there is a commandshell ala DOS where one could say
-memory 10m.  Does the regular desktop VM even take command line args tho
or just do it all via the ini?

[1] can't remember exacltly... on the iPAQ i think you hold down the enter
button (straight in on the d-pad) and then tap and hold on the time in the
upper right hand corner, eventually you get a Run... box.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn