Croquet alpha release(s?) - speed

buurtnet buurtnet at cistron.nl
Sat Dec 7 23:43:17 UTC 2002

Hi,

I am totally awed......

I just had a nice guy at Apple give me a shot at running Croquet on a
dual 1.25Ghz G4 with Max OS X and a 1600*1024 pixel 22'' cinema display
(the 1920*1600 was unavailable).
I expanded croquet's window to nearly full screen, and started moving.
It was so fast, I could hardly move around, I constantly overshot the
place I wanted to move to. Some adjustable mouse/move preference would
really help, later perhaps an automatic detection?.
Although I imported most of the sample objects, ran sound and video, I
could not slow it down :-)

I assume it is not using the second processor, at least the cpu
perfomance tool indicated one processor mainly idle.
I used the carbon 3.4.0Beta2 VM.

What an incredible performance.

It compared favorably to Bryce, a 3d editor.

Thank you Croqueteers, you have really given it your best. And this is
only (pre)alpha.

Merik