Matrix, Array2D and SequenceableCollection

Brent Pinkney brent_pinkney at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 11:06:53 UTC 2002

Hi,

I first suggested introducing the SubSequence nonsense
for the Matrix/Array2D class.

After sleeping on it, I must agree that it is bollocks
- a Matrix DOES have an external ordering (row major)
matching the description in ArrayedCollection.

So my Matrix is a subclass of that, overriding the
#add: and #remove:ifAbsent: methods ala Array.

Works sweetly - end of story.

HOWEVER...
This whole saga raises the question why
OrderedCollection does not subclass from
ArrayedCollection.

It should and GNU Smalltalk's does.

I have patched my image to do this - seems to be ok ?

Thoughts ?

cheers

Brent