Overriding DVS Naming Conventions (was: Weird DVS behaviour)

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sat Dec 7 17:43:55 UTC 2002

Derek Brans wrote:
> Hi Avi,
>
> They are PackageName/Something-SomethingElse, borrowing your technique.
> I see what you've done with Seaside2Info.  Once you create the subclass
> of PackageInfo, how do you get DVS to notice it?

You don't; it just does.  It'll look for any subclasses of PackageInfo
and add those projects to the panel.

> I think I would like to override the general rule to begins with
> 'Package/' or 'Package-'.  I will be using the former often enough.

Hmm... I don't think we should have more than one standard... just gets
confusing, imo.  '-' is what is used in squeak for this purpose... I
actually find the / in the Seaside names annoying.  Need to write a
browser with a column list that shifts to mkae room when it runs out of
space or something...

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)