SAR Usage - WAS: [CGUI] new CGUIMenuMorph

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Dec 10 22:27:14 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> If you want to be slick and user SAR, then you
> should first install the package SARBuilder I guess - haven't used it
> myself but it would help you produce a .sar file (which is a zip-file)
> instead of a .cs.gz. No other difference.

Thanks to all that develop SqueakMap !!! Great Work !!!

But I'm confused by the SARBuilder. Let's say I've got a Changeset in
the Image. How do I build a well formed .sar from that and how do I
integrate it in Squeakmap from Squeak inside (I don't want to use the
webinterface unless I have to)? In this process I don't want to build
any file (.cs) except the .sar!

What's the Difference for those Classes and what is the right class for
.sar zip's ?
SARDumper
SARChangeSetDumper
SARPackageDumper

Please give me a short tutorial of building a .sar and publish it on the
Swiki. Maybe like the Howto at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2931 :=)

regards
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chbu at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de