Open source Physics for Croquet - (Viewpoints interested?)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Wed Dec 11 16:45:55 UTC 2002

Hi Croqueteers,

> At this point it doesn't make much sense for us
> to spend any time in creating Croquet packages
> for Squeak.

> The possibility is certainly there but since we are
> still heavily modifying various parts of the system
> the overall structure hasn't quite settled yet.

    This is quite understandable. The possibility alone
    at this stage is already great.
    (Croquet is package aware, by design ;-).

    Actually, I asked just to be dead sure.

    The first time I spent more than 4 hours on a T1 line
    to download Croquet, I thought that I would be
    rewarded with an image of hundreds of MB's.

    Much to my pleasant surprise, the image is just
    in the 10MB range. All the data are outside, they
    are even on the net ;-)

    Further exploring Croquet, I found that it is
    componentized nothing short of  "Interpreter
    isnota ObjectMemory".

    For Croquet, it's "Picture isnota Movie" ,
    "Sound isnota Movie" .

    To watch the IntroMovie, I play 'IntroMovie.mpg'
    with Windows MediaPlayer and 'WaveDemo.mp3'
    with WinAmp, simultanously. :-)

    Just think of it, if we have 10 mpg's and 10 mp3's,
    we have 100 IntroMovies, and that's c_o_o_l ;-)

    Please keep up with the great work, I am looking
    forward for the Croquet packages on SqueakMap.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.