Which plugins?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 12 16:36:55 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 05:42  PM, PhiHo Hoang wrote:

> Jason,
>
>> What are the tradeoffs pro/con of using
>> MobVM vs. the standard VM?
>
>     As I see it, the disadvantage in using MobVM are:
You left out  a pretty important one (at least, as of last time I
looked at the code) which is that you depend pretty heavily on Windows
functionality. IIRC there are a lot of places where the code is manualy
hacked about that would need cleaning up.

I'm sure the concept could be applied cross platform (well as long as
the target can actually handle dynamic loading at all) with some more
work. After all, I claimed it could back in '95 when trying to persuade
my  then-boss at ParcPlace...

tim
tim at sumeru.stanford.edu