Install troubles with NetBSD 1.5.3

Douglas Brebner squeaklists at fang.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 15:39:13 UTC 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:04:17 -0800
J B Bell <cipher at eschatek.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get Squeak installed on NetBSD 1.5.3 in order to run
> Swiki.  After learning of the npsqueak problem I disabled that feature
> and was able to compile and install it.  However, I did notice while
> compiling that -DHEADLESS kept showing up.  As I feared, this seems to
> make squeak always run in headless mode--not too useful for setting up
> swiki!
>
> Here are the options I used for configure:
>
> ../platforms/unix/config/configure --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
> --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --with-x --without-npsqueak

It automatically detects the X libs and builds ok on NetBSD 1.6 with

../platforms/unix/config/configure  --without-npsqueak

this is with the Squeak-3.2-6 tarball.

It will stop part way through with a

Shared object "libXext.so.6" not found
*** Error code 1

error.  You'll need to add "-Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib" to the LIBS= line in
the Makefile to let the executable find the X libs (to avoid the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or ld.so.conf junk). Then run make again.

HTH

--
Douglas