Grassroots Smalltalk (was Re: Funding)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Dec 13 19:22:24 UTC 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> (1) pair-programming/Squeak-tutoring at a cafe/coffee joint
> (2) demos at Borders/B&N
> (3) showing parents with young children how to play in Squeak with their
> kids
> (4) promoting Squeak with Montessori schools, etc.
> (5) demoing Squeak at homeschooling events
> (6) world-wide SqueakDay

(7) Start a Squeak/Smalltalk SIG with your local ACM chapter. :) (I did
this, but people at this college aren't interested in computer science,
just getting a job.  All the CS peeps are just gamers who want a
networking admin job. :P)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn