Alan's scrambled sentence demo

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sat Dec 14 19:25:12 UTC 2002

Tim W. <tyguy11 at mindspring.com> asked:

> I recently viewed a video of a presentation by Alan. Is the demo of the
> scrambling sentence available ?

Tim,

have a look at
http://www.squeakland.org/author/essays.html
Here you find an active essay written by Ted Kaehler. It
contains a demo that creates sentences by evolution.
I think this is what you are looking for.

To see the active essay, you need a plugin that enables
Squeak to run in your browser. If you do not have that
plugin, you will have to visit this page:
http://squeakland.org/plugin/download.html
For Windows, you download a plugin installer from
http://squeakland.org/plugin/installers/win.html
(file size 3,8 MBytes)
When you have executed the installer, you can go to the
page with the active essay and read it. To enjoy that essay
as it should be enjoyed, you should take some time.

Hope this helps
Boris