Funding

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Dec 15 05:48:27 UTC 2002

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 12:52  PM, Anthony Hannan wrote:
 >  But unfortunately, there doesn't seem to
> be anyone with money interested in Squeak.
So far as I've been able to make out nobody is interested much in
funding anything, Squeak or not. Most people I know are idling right
now. Research centres are being 'downsized' to death. Projects are
being outsourced to India and China; people I know are being required
to teach others to do their jobs just before being laid off - or no
severance money.

> How is everyone else on this list being funded?
Aside from those (few) with jobs I think you'll be depressed to hear
that they aren't :-( I just had to sell a house to maintain my
subscription to the food-on-the-table  club.

> Any suggestions?
For now, get any income you can that will keep you alive. Sell
insurance. Trade baseball cards. Flip burgers. Hell, you might even
have to (spit) write java or C-blunt. If possible, run away.

tim
tim at sumeru.stanford.edu