HTML-Template-Engine

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Dec 16 09:43:27 UTC 2002

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Sunday 15 December 2002 02:19 pm, Chris Burkert wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I'm searching for something like Smarty in PHP is. Is there an
>>equivalent in Squeak ?
>>
>>I also worked with the template.inc from PHPlib which uses Re
>>(RegEx) and it is only 350 lines of code with comments, so I tried
>>Re in Squeak, to port this class, but I got some errors with Re
>>itself (the Plugin compiled without errors). I loaded Re from
>>Squeakmap and compiled the Plugins from ~piumarta (Unix).
>>

> Chris, what kind of problems did you have with the RePlugin?

I get a NonBooleanReciever Error ... but may I ask first how to get
informations about such an error ???

> Did you generate the plugin source from Vmmaker before compiling?

No ... I took the latest unixsources from ~piumarta/squeak, configure,
make, make install. Then I saw that it wasn't in the Squeak directory
(where the VM is) and did the same again with configure, make plugins,
make install-plugins and copied the binarys in the Squeak directory. I
started Squeak, tried a simple example for Re and got errors.

Let's say I have a new 3.4b image. What is the right way to get the
Plugin running ?

thanks
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chbu at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de