[ANN] VNC 0.1a on SqueakMap

tblanchard at mac.com tblanchard at mac.com
Tue Dec 17 09:34:57 UTC 2002

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 08:34  PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
> The biggest pain is the setup - you have to get a badge and
> type the IP adresses of the participants (so don't try this through a
> NAT or any other firewall) but it could be changed to use a similar
> rendevous mechanism that Croquet uses.

That makes me want to ask - what is the rendezvous mechanism in
Croquet?  Is it the same as the discovery mechanism that Apple is
calling Rendezvous?

Just curious - as this will be a more and more important protocol since
its being added to all sorts of things like printers and such.

Such a protocol should have a Squeak implementation.