How to print on st-output

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Dec 19 00:46:47 UTC 2002

Stephane,

You will have to recompile the VM in order to make this work on Windows
(and I doubt that it'll work with the standard VW/DLLCC combination -
IIRC, then there is a specific "vwconsole.exe" to make this work). By
default, there is no console associated with a "windowed" application
even if it is started from the command line on Windows. You have to
explicitly compile the VM to support this and it has ugly side effects
if you ever want to use it for your regular Squeakin' (it will open a
console window even if you do not want it). I haven't tried to compile a
console VM for years now so I can't say if that'll work easily or not.

But then, wasn't that the reason why "Transcript" was invented?! ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas