[SM] Bug

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Dec 19 13:25:49 UTC 2002

Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi goran
>
> may be you already fixed that but when I do upgrade and then click on
> cancel on the following dialog I got a debugger?

Hmmm. I am not sure - I would need more info (stack?) to give a better
answer.

I have been a bit busy the last week with stuff at work - just sent in a
bid for a project we really would like to do, we will see... And the
solution includes Squeak! :-)

> By the way is there a way to unload a package?

Well, no. :-) In general this depends on the package format. DVS has
mechanisms for doing a controlled upgrade and could perhaps also do an
uninstall/unload - Avi has better answers.

SM itself doesn't really deal with these problems. In SM1.1 (still
brewing in my image, scheduled for sometime januari I think) each
package format decides "itself" what kind of "actions" you can take with
the package in question. If a package format is clever enough to handle
unload it could then offer it.

The only state that SM keeps around is which packages and what version
of them are installed. That's it. It does also record an installation
with a little "do-it" in the changesfile so that if you have to recover
an image by replaying stuff like installations from the changelog then
SM can have a reasonable chance of keeping up with you! :-)

regards, Göran