Failing SUnit tests in 3.4b

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Dec 21 05:36:17 UTC 2002

On Friday 20 December 2002 09:06 pm, Doug Way wrote:
> One thing that would be nice for any "final" Squeak release, such
> as 3.4, is to have the SUnit tests all passing.
>
> There are currently a few tests which are failing.  Oddly enough,
> they are different tests on different platforms, which means
> they're either VM-related or otherwise platform-specific (such as
> the platform-specific stuff in *FileDirectory, etc.)
>
> Here is what I am seeing with the current 3.4beta-5156:
>
> On Mac OS X (Carbon VM 3.2.8Beta9, and CocoaSqueak-3.2.4):
> ------------
> 3 failed:
> FileDirectoryTests>>testDeleteDirectory
> FileDirectoryTests>>testDirectoryExists
> FileDirectoryTests>>testExists

> Anyway, I seem to remember something on the list around the time of
> the FileDirectory fixes, about a change still needing to be made in
> the VM, or in the tests, or something. :-)

Yes, we need a VM fix for the Mac. The problem is that the Mac VM
caches its lookup for directory entries, and doesn't invalidate the
cache after you delete a directory. I submitted a(n untested) fix for
the Mac VM, but I don't know if it was incorporated.

> 1 with errors:
> FileList2ModalDialogsTest>>testModalFolderSelector  (these
> failures/errors were not in 3.2)

Don't know about this one. Any insight on this?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com