Failing SUnit tests in 3.4b

Phil Hargett hargettp at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 21 16:09:44 UTC 2002

BTW: let me say in advance that I like the features offered (and promised)
by the OSProcess plugin; I'm a happy customer who just wants to help! :)

Hmmm...I'm not explicitly passing -Xshm on the command line, and it still
crashes.  Here's the stack trace that appears on my console after
running the UnixProcessTestCase suite:

	Segmentation fault

	1107551296 ProcessorScheduler class>idleProcess
	1104245656 [] in ProcessorScheduler class>startUp
	1104245748 [] in BlockContext>newProcess

I've managed to confirm that at least the following cases cause my VM to
exit without warning:

	UnixProcessTestCase>>testCatAFile
	UnixProcessTestCase>>testCatFromFileToFiles
	UnixProcessTestCase>>testPipeLine
	UnixProcessTestCase>>testRunCommand

	UnixProcesAccessorTestCase>>testIsExecutableForUserInGroup
	UnixProcesAccessorTestCase>>testIsReadable
	UnixProcesAccessorTestCase>>testIsReadableForUserInGroup
	UnixProcesAccessorTestCase>>testIsWriteable
	UnixProcesAccessorTestCase>>testIsWriteableForUserInGroup
	UnixProcesAccessorTestCase>>testFunForkAndExec

This one is just a test case that fails, but does not crash

	UnixProcesAccessorTestCase>>runExternalProcessAccess

Here's the code I ran to test these outcomes.  Of course, I had to run
each line of this code individually, and you'll notice that I started the
whole activity by cloning my active VM so that I could easily resume
testing after each crash.

	UnixProcess cloneSqueak

	tc := UnixProcessTestCase new.

	tc setUp. tc testClassForkSqueak. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testClassForkSqueakAndDo. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testClassForkSqueakAndDoThenQuit. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testClassForkHeadlessSqueakAndDo. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testClassForkHeadlessSqueakAndDoThenQuit. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testForkSqueak. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testForkSqueakAndDo. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testForkSqueakAndDoThenQuit. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testForkHeadlessSqueakAndDo. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testForkHeadlessSqueakAndDoThenQuit. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testHeadlessChild. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testSpawnTenHeadlessChildren. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testEightLeafSqueakTree. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testCatAFile. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testCatFromFileToFiles. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testRunCommand. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testPipe. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testPipeLine. tc tearDown.

	tc := UnixProcessAccessorTestCase new.

	tc setUp. tc testSessionIdentifier. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testCanAccessSystem. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testMakePipeHandles. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testUnixFileNumber. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testFileProtectionMask. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testFileStat. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testIsExecutable. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testIsExecutableForUserInGroup. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testIsReadable. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testIsReadableForUserInGroup. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testIsWritable. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc testIsWritableForUserInGroup. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc runExternalProcessAccess. tc tearDown.
	tc setUp. tc runForkAndExec. tc tearDown.

Hope this is useful feedback! :)