Croquet ARB_imaging

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Dec 21 23:51:37 UTC 2002

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the interesting hack.  I have a question about it that
I'll get to in a second.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try it because wglGetProcAddress: (as
you defined it below) always returns 0, even when I try it on
functions that I know are there, such as glColor3f().  I don't
understand why this would be; 'Smalltalk listLoadedModules' includes
opengl32.dll.

About your hack... when you say "if your renderer changes", you mean
like if I have a dual-head setup with two different graphics cards,
and I drag the Squeak window from one to the other?  Wouldn't this
be a problem even if the function could be found directly in
opengl32.dll?  Oh, I think I see... the function in opengl32.dll
probably redirects the call to whichever driver is currently active.
But when you use wglGetProcAddress, that indirection no longer
occurs, so if the renderer changes, you're sunk.  Does that sound
right?

Thanks to you and Bert,
Joshua