Failing SUnit tests in 3.4b

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Dec 22 03:22:03 UTC 2002

Doug,

That "failure" is more or less intentional. I actually agree with MS on
the issue here (one of the few cases where I do) and just quote the
relevant bit of documentation (replace "security" by "privacy" below and
you got my basic feeling about this):

"For security reasons, it is often desirable to keep ethernet/token ring
addresses on networks from becoming available outside a company or
organization. In Windows XP/2000, the UuidCreate function generates a
UUID that cannot be traced to the ethernet/token ring address of the
computer on which it was generated. It also cannot be associated with
other UUIDs created on the same computer."

So don't expect this test case failure to go away.

Cheers,
  - Andreas