sqUnixDirectFB

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Dec 22 20:01:53 UTC 2002

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 11:06:01AM -0800, Frits Swinkels wrote:
> No, aio.h and sqaio.h are not the same: the latter contains a call
> aioInitialize() which is not in the original. I assume that the author did
> not rename the file for fun.

The aio work involved some back-and-forth work between Ian and Lex.
Lex generalized Ian's original event handlers, and put the changes
out as sqaio.c and sqaio.h. Ian later merged this back into his
code base, and the cleaned up version now lives in aio.c and aio.h.

There is an older (unsupported) version of the Unix VM code on SourceForge
with the sqaio.[ch] files which Lex provided prior to the merge back
into Ian's code base.  You can still find the sourceforge files at
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/squeak/squeak/platforms/unix/vm/>
and these are probably the ones you are looking for.

Dave