Pocket PC Performance

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Dec 26 20:45:14 UTC 2002

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org wrote:
>
> >   While Morphic runs slowly, using MVC or other simple GUI frameworks
> > is definitely viable.  John Maloney and I (err, mainly by John, of
> > course) implemented such small GUI framework and that runs just fast
> > enough on 206MHz iPAQs, or even on 60MHz Hitachi SH-3.
>
> Is this framework available somewhere?

I believe this is the framework called TinySprites (?).  John won't
release it, claiming that people would get confused about there being
three different GUI frameworks availble.  It doesn't have to be built into
the image! I almost begged him to share it, but he seemed pretty adamant
about this, even with myself offering to support questions about it,
freeing him from the burden he thinks releasing it could create.

Maybe if more of us show interest with some assurance that we won't bug
him about how it works he would release it with no support.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"the profit system follows the path of least resistance and following the path
    of least resistance is what makes a river crooked."   ::  u. utah phillips