Pocket PC Performance

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Dec 26 21:18:32 UTC 2002

  Carl,

> Okay, now I've tried this one.  It doesn't work correctly.  :-(  It does
> draw to the screen, but it draws things where they are not.

  Oh-uh, how it looks exactly?  If it looks like landscape-ish but
chopped off edges, try to go to full screen mode.  I might
accidentally overwrite the VM on the web with landscape VM, which
actually doesn't work properly except in full screen mode.

  Or, (I guess this is more likely), the scan line length is different
on Genio.  The support code is not written generic enough and I'd say
that it only handles the framebuffer compatible with iPAQ.

  I'm sorry, but (again) without having actual hardware, it is hard to
test.

-- Yoshiki