LGPL and SqueakMap

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Dec 27 15:05:38 UTC 2002

Maybe I've just missed it, but it seems to me before we get into putting
a new license together we need to better define the goal in doing so.
Looking back at this thread in the archives it all seems to have started
with Nevin noting that he didn't care for the description accompanying
the LGPL license on SqueakMap.  Now we seem to be on a discussion of
either creating a new license or somehow forking the LGPL.  Why?  What
goal are we trying to meet that isn't already met by the Squeak license
or the LGPL?

Ken