LGPL and SqueakMap

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Fri Dec 27 15:24:31 UTC 2002

I would recommend dual-licensing the disjunction of Squeak-L (for use
with Squeak) and LGPL.  Nothing else comes close to avoiding the
traumatic problems your approach presents.   I can't prevent you from
licensing the software as you prefer -- that is your choice.  If you
want it to be useful with Squeak, and modified and incorporated into
Squeak, however, without violating license or culture -- or worse--
this is the only solution I presently see.  Until now, nobody has
refused the dual license approach (even RMS bought into that for Perl).
  I will look again at LGPL when I can find some time.  In the
meanwhile, I disagree that "all we need" is to modify LGPL with
"suitably precise" new definitions.  The last thing the world requires
is another ad-hoc open source license.