Pocket PC Performance

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sat Dec 28 09:53:49 UTC 2002

Carl,

When you go to Yoshiki's Squeak for WinCE page ( at
http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/WinCE/ ) you will see a
reference to a graphics library called GAPI, which is a direct-access
methods for drawing on PocketPC (and some H/PC) devices.  It's meant for
games (GAPI = Games API), but it comes in handy for Squeak as well.

On his page, you will also see reference to a version of the VM which
doesn't rely on GAPI, but I imagine the graphics will be a bit slower,
although other processing shound run at the same speed.

If you will have a look at Yoshiki's page- he is the author/maintainer of
the port, there is also a link to the GAPI library as well as
instructions. It's an easy thing to setup.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"the profit system follows the path of least resistance and following the path
    of least resistance is what makes a river crooked."   ::  u. utah phillips