[ANN] sqdb now online

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Fri Feb 1 07:19:00 UTC 2002

Actually, I created that entity in order to preserve whitespace - I did
&cr;, &nl;, and &tab; - they-re listed on at the top of the documentation
page. Some XML parsers strip out whitespace.  What I should do is create a
DTD that defines the entity and host it on the site so that validating
parsers and IE won't choke on them.

An alternative is to produce backslashed escapes for the whitespace -
probably an easier but less XML-ish solution.  Stephan Wessels was thinking
about making the browser changes.

-- Duane